Nitrous Oxide Instructions
Nitrous oxide is a safe and effective sedative agent that is mixed with oxygen and inhaled through a small mask that fits over your nose to help you relax. (Also known as laughing gas)
- Nitrous oxide, sometimes called “laughing gas,” is a service that is offered to help make you more comfortable during dental procedures.
- It is not intended to put you to sleep.
- You will be able to hear and respond to any requests or directions the dentist may have.
- Your dentist will ask you to breathe normally through your nose, and within a few short minutes you should start to feel the effects of the nitrous oxide.
- You may feel light-headed or a tingling in your arms and legs, some people say their arms and legs feel heavy.
- Ultimately, you should feel calm and comfortable.
- The effects of nitrous oxide will have worn off before you leave the dental chair.
- It is necessary that you have an empty stomach and therefore should not eat or drink 2 hours prior to appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns before your appointment please call our office at 905-845-5566.